Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Same old shiat...

It's been just over two weeks since my surgeon granted me a new neck. The Social Security Administration has determined that my body is a train wreck. They also have determined that I'm a social misfit, so today they put me out to pasture with disability payments for the rest of my life. I have mixed feelings about it.

I am still in my post operative depression and feel lethargic. I feel as if I'm dragging a large ship anchor around. I'm not getting much done. I pray this all passes soon. I guess the neat thing is I don't have to pick up a drink over it like I used to in the past. My roommate has sure helped me a lot. I am glad we are here. In this depression I isolate from face2face meetings, and lean for assistance "online" and from someone close to me. I know this degree of depression won't last forever. Thank you for all your input, even from the anti-AA people. Don't drink and you won't get drunk.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

It's a good thing we misfits stick together.......

Hang in there. Healing is a slow process.

7:00 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I hope you can find your way to some meetings soon. Worling with a sponsor and other alkies is the best way to resurface.
Progress, not perfection.

7:29 AM  
Blogger butterflygirl said...

I'll keep you in my prayers.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Lonnie said...

It does not help, condsidering your roomate. Love ya, take care.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.