Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Excitement and a pain in the neck!

Hi everybody. My friend is back from treatment and wow what a change! I can see in her eyes that there is a bit of peace. It's fleeting, but it's there. I see a truck load of acceptance. She's great! Right where she's supposed to be! It's scary but positive, and I gotta tell ya I'm optimistic for today. There's definitely movin' and shakin' going on. Some real changes are in the works all for the betterment and continued exploration of who the hell are we. Fourth Step stuff. Communication without fear. Absolute trust in sharing is so healing. One breath at a time, one hour at a time, one day at a time. My heart and head are one. Meetings daily is a good thing too. I see a head or two that I would like to twist off, but hey it just makes for a messy meeting and nobody wants that.


I enter the hospital Monday the 27th, for an anterior cervical fusion with bone grafting and titanium plates, screws and stuff. I can't wait it should be fun. I dig pain. NOT! Ok well maybe a little bit...On a serious note, I was expressing some fear about this surgery and my friend  Last Call says, "Where's your faith?" I felt like I got caught with my pants down in a public place. Prayer is now double time, but at the same speed...Have a clean and sober weekend everybody. I see a new life beginning. It's a loving one. Without love, what is left over is fear. Peace, love and cosmic unity, AB.

8 Comments:

Blogger twodogsblogging said...

Ouch! That looks like no fun, but I know you'll walk through it.

10:39 AM  
Blogger butterflygirl said...

take care

3:07 PM  
Blogger kel said...

Hope it all goes well!

9:33 AM  
Blogger molly said...

have had that surgery - mine was c6-c7. you'll be fine. hey - at least it isn't hemorroid surgery right? How's THAT for a positive spin?! har har har har. keep us posted on how you are doing :)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Good luck with the surgery. Keep us posted on your progress.

It's nice to see you in a loving relationship. I wish you the best.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

My prayers are with you buddy.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Shadow said...

i'm a bit late, but i hope the surgery went well, with relatively little pain!

12:05 AM  
Blogger bub said...

Hope that your surgery went well. Glad I found your blog.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.