Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Getting to meetings...

This past week, I have been to four real life face to face meetings, despite myself and this gawd awful stiff neck collar I have to wear outside. I have to wear it three more weeks. (6 weeks total) It makes for driving a bit of a bitch not being able to turn my head.


There is some fear of the unknown going on at home, but if we can stay in the "24 hours at a time," maybe these fears will be easier to deal with. Maybe if I just would say to myself I have two weeks of freedom left for a while, what would I really want to be doing to really enjoy life for today?? I know that God helps very much. The key for me is to not be in my own head too much. I am grateful I am sober today, and grateful my "room mate" is too...Hang in there, keep coming back and pray.

3 Comments:

Blogger butterflygirl said...

You said it all. Hope you feel well soon!

5:20 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

4 meetings is good. And fortunately, you don't have to turn your head in a meeting -- you can just look straight ahead.
LOL

7:06 PM  
Blogger Lonnie said...

You are an awesome friend and I am glad you are part of my "Recovery". I will get there, it's nice to have someone believe in a drunk.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.