Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wham!

I'm not talking about the old George Michaels band either. I met with my sponsor yesterday for a chat and to return the pickup truck to the Alano Club following the campout. We usually have a double shot esspresso on the rocks. I love one a week. Just social use. Both of us are the geeky computer types and besides talking about recovery, we discuss computers. While talking with him, I see another member of AA coming into the little drive-in where we are at. So the three of us sat and contemplated world events. Then the guy that just came in says,"Are you ready to deliver a computer?" I was clueless. Then they broke the news that this new computer was for me! I was dumb struck, numb and speechless. I think I muttered something like "why for me" or something similar, and it was for just doing what I love to do, and that is helping others. I almost started crying. I have computers, but nothing close to as nice as this machine.

We took it to my place, and dropped it off, then my sponsor and I went to drop off Fred's truck. We then went up to Eagle Creek near Leavenworth, to drop off a computer for his son and his family. Back into the mountains and forest again. It was so peaceful. His son and wife and kids were very cool. There is a lot of love there and I knew it would not have become, without the program of Alcoholics Anonymous. Ok, now I'll start crying, but this is all such a gift and none of my doing except choosing not to drink today, touching the principles and living by the Golden Rule.

I am feeling a lot of gratitude today, not just for the material thing, but for the hearts in this program. I love alcoholics. Especially the ones in AA.

12 Comments:

Blogger jake said...

Wow, you're getting the gifts bro...EN-JOY it....

12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is sooo beautiful. What great people you have the gift of knowing.

God bless!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

What a gift, thank you for sharing

4:04 AM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Oh congrats on the new Toy!!!

11:02 AM  
Blogger GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! said...

Howdy! Just stopping in! Great Post!

I shall keep coming back!

12:48 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

very nice, Georgey Michael yikes.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Mama Dukes said...

I LOVE alcoholics too!!!

Enjoy your new puter!

6:59 AM  
Blogger kel said...

What a wondeful post. Thanks for sharing.

7:35 AM  
Blogger JJ said...

I love alcoholics too....some of best friends are alcoholics...hehehe.
Great post.
I see you,
JJ

6:04 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks for sharing.

thanks for being...

10:16 AM  
Blogger butterflygirl said...

What a gift-Enjoy!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we are blessed with "good" reasons...... Enjoy!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.