Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Searching...

At Step Four we resolutely looked for our own mistakes. Where had we been selfish, dishonest, self-seeking, and frightened? Though a given situation had not been entirely our fault, we often tried to cast the whole blame on the other person involved.

We finally saw that the inventory should be ours, not the other man's. So we admitted our wrongs honestly and became willing to set these matters straight.

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 67

5 Comments:

Blogger kel said...

Having a real bad day.

The link for co-dependent.org doesnt work, and I cant find much when I google it.

2:01 PM  
Blogger sharonsjourney said...

I sabotaged my last two relationships. I didn't know if I wanted in or out of them. I never blamed totally the other persons involved, however. I knew full well what my part was. I want so much to make amends to, but for one of them, I think it would do me more harm than good, & I mean that literally. The other I have by email, & my post, I don't think it was accepted though. I'll do it eyeball to eyeball when the opportunity arises. That's the way it should be done.

2:27 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

... go for it

3:12 PM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Search bravely my friend. Get it out!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Mama Dukes said...

its taken me a long time to see I have a part in every interaction or conflict---even if its only 1 per cent--I always have a part

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.