Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Juiced!

Sounds like a Major League Baseball ad. I feel better today. I went and got my hormone shot. I wonder why these athletes are getting into trouble for taking Testosterone? Performance enhancing drugs. Our whole society is made up of chemicals that help improve our quality of life. But there must be other steroids that are worse. The Tour De France winner had high levels of Testosterone and he won, but was stripped of the title because of high levels of Testosterone found in a drug test. My excuse is that mine were below normal, so I'm having a synthetic Testosterone injections monthly. I have been taking antidepressants since age 15, and I'm down to taking just one now. Maybe I'll be free of that one, who knows. But I know that my outlook on life has improved with grasping a Higher Power and getting my testosterone levels up to normal. I really won't know until bloodwork for that, the first week in September.
Had a great meeting tonight and it's always nice to have visitors from the big city at the meeting. Tonight's topic was gratitude, with a little of everything tossed in. Just touching base with you all before I hit the sack. I am so grateful to be alive and sober today. It's unreal...G'night! Thanks for another 24... Sober is good.

4 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

The steroids that the athletes use are not just testosterone. They are illegal drugs that have serious after effects and can be deadly.
They are banned because they are illegal and the copy-cat effect these drugs have with kids.

Hope to see you on HNT.

3:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My friends husband has the same thing with the testosterone. She can tell when its low because he changes.

Love when we get out of towners.

G~

11:10 AM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Meetings are medicine for our souls. I always walk away with something, it always amazes me.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

I see you!

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.