Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Happy today...

I actually did some physical labor today, and that feels good. No back pain yet. Maybe I won't have any. I hope so. With each day that passes, I can feel how much freedom from self I feel. I am actually concerned very much about the well being of others, watching also however not to become an enabler. I am learning how to really like me a lot. I'm a great guy today, with lots to give, thanks to the principles of the program of AA, and my fellows. I am very grateful for:

  • Tod, just because.

  • Greg, because he helps me realize how sick I am.

  • Joey, for calling a spade a spade.

  • Fred, for his love and confidence and trust in me.

  • The Alano Club for being open 12 hours a day.

  • The fellowship of AA.

  • My fellow sober drunks, and the ones still doing research.

  • My family, who accepts that I'm a little strange!

  • Some air conditioning!

  • My fellow bloggers that rock in recovery! Hugs!

  • The season of Fall, when it gets here!...LOL

G'night everybody, be safe!

2 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

Nothing wrong with being strange.
Good night, Elvis.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You rock in recovery toooooo ;) I can relate to the back thang. John and I both have had issues and have to watch it. Lots of stretching and yoga helps me ~ when I actually DO IT!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.