Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The voices in my head...

I love this one: "You're just jealous because the voices in my head only talk to me." Anyway the bubbles post is a link that was emailed to me, and when I saw it I thought of Gwen's animated bubbles graphic. It appears I will be feeding livestock for another day. I just got a call from one party saying they were going to be a day late. Thank God for the cooling trend. Dropped into the 90's F. Looking forward to the meeting tonight. I can tell I need one. How do you all know when you need a meeting? A good indicator for me is when I can smile at a person, and at the same time have a hidden desire to put them in a sleeper hold. I have felt that once today, so I'd say I'm past due!!LOL Thank God for Step 10. It's a great spot check.
Debits and Credits:
Following a gossip binge, we can ask ourselves these questions:"Why did we say what we did? Were we only trying to be helpful and informative? Or were we not trying to feel superior by confessing the other fellow's sins? Or, because of fear and dislike, were we not really aiming to damage him?" This would be an honest attempt to examine ourselves, rather than the other fellow.
------------------------------
Inventory-taking is not always done in red ink. It's a poor day indeed when we haven't done something right. As a matter of fact, the waking hours are usually well filled with things that are constructive. Good intentions, good thoughts, and good acts are there for us to see. Even when we have tried hard and failed, we may chalk that one up as one of the greatest credits of all.
from "As Bill Sees IT" page 80.

4 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

I have managed (so far) to stay ahead my "necessary" meetings. I go got 2 every day. Occasionally 3. Without fail.
I celebrate 3 years sober in 3 weeks.
I drank for 33 yars and it took me 3 months of AA meetings to stop drinking.
Where'd all these 3's come from?

btw - I have linked you on my sidebar as of today.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

i am so wth you about step 10. thank God

10:19 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

333 is half of 666

4:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love Step Ten. I swear it is imprinted in those wrinkles in my brain.
Thanks for your post.

G~

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.