Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Gratitude...

I would like to thank those who leave supportive comments. They mean a lot to me. There are two words that I used in a lecture series I did years ago. "Embrace them." Thanks markw for reminding me of that notion. I have to remember what my feelings are. Our feelings are our friends, they tell us who we are. Embrace them! They are not necessarily right or wrong, I(we)just have them. My feelings tell me who I am. Sometimes I hate who I have become, other times I'm grateful just to be breathing. It all revolves around my thinking. I do know enough that thinking creates feelings. In AA we speak of "stinking thinking" these produce the obvious feelings. If I react on some of the feelings I have, I'm in trouble, spiritually speaking. At the meeting tonight there was a young man who had tried an AA meeting a couple of years prior. When the chairperson asked if there was anyone there for their first, second or third meeting ever, this guy introduced himself and just took off talking. I could feel his pain and I recognized that crazed look in his eyes of living a life of insanity. This dude is hungry. I pray he keeps coming back. He reminded me to "stay hungry" and eat the good news of AA. AA has to become a way of life, and a way of thinking. I am learning to do that...

WE BECOME WILLING...At the moment we are trying to put our lives in order. But this is not an end in itself.  from page 77 Big Book of AA.
Keep coming back!

3 Comments:

Blogger sharonsjourney said...

Hi Roy, Funny thing, I was going to blog on gratitude myself. I didn't have it today, & I sure could tell, the way my day went. Then, earlier this evening I thot of gratitude. I am grateful today & most days to be breathing, and for the gifts God gave me. We could be so much worse off. I started blogging yesterday, thanks to you. Anyway, I'm still going to blog on gratitude, I thot of it before I read it, so I'm not stealing LOL. Thanks for your blogs. Sharon

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just posted something about being grateful for all the awesome people out there who comment on my blog, and support my sobriety from far away places.

Good to read someone else feels that way, too...

9:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can picture the scene as I have seen it myself. Keeps it green doen't it?

G~

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.