Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Normal things...

For the past three weeks I have been looking at art. Now, here I go and blow my bad boy image. I do a photo thing on the net. Just a group of people from all over the world, sharing photos. I have been trying to get into the feelings of what a picture is trying to show. Now, I know this sounds a little cornball, but I just now caught myself. For the past 30 minutes, I have been looking at this photo, that finally brought out some feelings in me and I began to cry. There's a picture of a beautiful black woman, who is obviously living in a third world country. She expresses her feelings very well in her art. I received an email from this lady and she really didn't have to tell her story by text. But just by looking deep into what a picture has to offer is just amazing to me. In her photos, I could see, love, joy, happiness, rage, fear, worry, hurt, pain and curiosity. These feelings I gathered from her art. I sensed that she has strong love for her family. I felt also that she had been raped, beaten, tortured, and stabbed. I don't know why, I just could feel these things. This email I got from her revealed these things to me. They did actually happen in Africa, where violence is rampant. She tells me that she keeps love and joy very close to her heart, despite all the despair, carnage, gloom and doom. She says her art is her way to heal. This is truly a very gifted and remarkable person. She knows by being in the wrong place at the wrong time, she could be gone with a swipe of a knife. With this being a very real possibility, she has learned not to waste a second of joy and happiness. The power of this woman's spirit is beyond words, but certainly, not beyond feeling.

Currently, I am still basically speechless. At the same time, I feel myself opening up to the possibilities...My problems seem really small. The possibilities are huge.

This reminds me of a story told by Father Joe Martin. "There are two little boys, placed into a house. One is an optimist, and one is a pessimist. Each of them are given a shovel, and are given directions for each of them to go to different rooms of this house and open the door. One boys door was on the first floor, the other boys door was on the second floor. The man said, "I'll be back in thirty minutes and see how things are going." and he left. When he came back, the man goes to the little boy sitting on the floor in the hallway in front of his door. "What's wrong?" the man asked. "This room is packed solid with horse manure, there can't be anything good in here!" So the man left and went upstairs to see what the other little boy was doing. Before the man was half way up the stairs he could hear the singing and whistling of the boy. The man peers into the room, and here's this little boy with the biggest smile on his face! He's singing, whistling, and shoveling horse dung!! The surprised man said, "Why are you so happy?" The little boy stopped shoveling and said, "With all this horse manure, there's got to be a pony around here somewhere!!"
I pray we all can find OUR pony...

5 Comments:

Blogger Mama Dukes said...

thanks for the smile--

theres got to be a pony in all this mess--

keep on keepin on

8:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am wondering where I might view this piece of art work. I would love to see it.

Thank you for opening yourself up and sharing your perceived "cornball" stuff. It is not cornball to me.

I too feel how small my problems are. I love to read bio's of people who have been thru life and made it. The Unwanted comes to mind. A great book.

Sanks for the share and I will pray we all find our pony.

Peace~

6:01 PM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Ohhhh, I have never heard of the pony story, I am gonna share that with some of my recovery sisters.

That is so beautiful that you felt such a strong connection to a woman's life thru her art -- someone you never physically met. Sheer brilliance of life, someone's pain allowing you to embrace life, everywhere.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it fluoxetine withdrawal large security monitors camera surveillance softwa X30 video surveillance New york camping sites Patriot gate openers Financial planning diploma Samochody dostawcze kia Depression a side effect of adderall Skinning shareware harrahs security video aston martin vanquish dif

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Mastercard ibm

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.