Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Be still, know there is one God...

Playing with graphics is fun, especially at 3:23am. I have been trying graphic manipulation with Paint Shop Pro.  I have Adobe Photo Shop, but I'll have to take a class at the local mini-college for that. That mutha is complicated!!
Much like I will have to study Adobe Photo Shop to put it to good use,  I must study the basic text of Alcoholics Anonymous. It is a text book. If one goes to school, we study using text books. The basic text book of Alcoholics Anonymous is one that I don't study enough. The third edition of the AA Big Book, I could recite passages like a preacher quoting scripture. Now, the basic text has a Fourth Edition. I have to study it if I want to pass this class.
I'll be dead if I don't look at it daily. My new ritual daily, will be to read a chapter out of this book. I must do this if I expect to make any progress spiritually;  I have to lead by example in order to help others. I can no longer be a phony. I want people to someday to say, "You know, that old fart AB really cares about people..."
Step Three has been slapping me around everyday for over a week now. I have been driven to my knees, not by my own doing, but from a power greater than any man. I believe it to be God. I have and continue to be humbled daily. I have my own version(s) of the Third Step prayer, but here it is out of the basic text of Alcoholics Anonymous, from page 63, second paragraph:
We are now at Step Three. Many of us said to our maker, as we understood HIM: "God, I offer myself to Thee--to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!"
I can now do this prayer with others and be real about it. I can feel it in my guts. For this broken man, this is some kinda miracle! Geez Louise!! I have to get back to bed if I'm gonna get up at a decent hour!!(on Saturday, anytime before noon...LOL)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AA IS NOT CHRISTIAN ITS A CULT.IT DOES NOT LINE UP WITH SCRIPTURE.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.