Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Into action...

I met with my sponsor today as usual. Every Tuesday afternoon, for about an hour and a half, sometimes less. He gave some good pointers. I will use them. Then I went and got my 400mg shot of Testosterone! Thank God! Maybe now my moods will be on a more even keel. Goodbye crankiness and hot flashes for a while. Hormones can be a bitch. I try not to let them bother me, but they do for sure! Thank God for modern medicine. In the past, I would probably been tarred and feathered and run outta town on a rail by now. I know a person that wants to do that to me right now!! But I won't step on toes. Overall, I spent most of the day in bed. For whatever reason, I felt very tired all day. I take an antidepressant called Remeron to help me sleep. Usually I don't take it, and when I do, it's usually a half a hit. Last night I was jacked-up so I took a full 15mg tab, and I have spent the day in a haze like fog. Almost stoned. Ok, stoned. I really want to get off all these psych meds so I can learn who I really am. My doc and will make a plan of attack in September to do this.One day at a time until then. Oh, one day at a time forever!! Even if they have to put me in a Posey jacket and put me into Trembling Hills Hospital for the Terminally Nervous, that's ok too. Would get real close to God with that kinda trip!!
Today I am still grateful for all the "things" happening in my life. I pray they are for all of you too. Until next time!! Hugs and kisses! AB...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Dukes said...

My husband just got weaned off meds for the first time in almost 15 years. No, he's not an Alcoholic but that's beside the point.

I was surprised he was willing to try life being med free. Now I think he's surprised that he is still med free and has some remorse too for all the years he's spent in zombie land when he maybe didn't have to.

Just be careful and do it in a Dr's care--and follow his directions

6:25 AM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Yes as cheesy as it sounds One Day at a Time it is! After a little over a year of sobriety I am just starting on meds for my OCD behavior. I have been opposed for over 10 years, however under the guidence of my sponsor and doctor I am exploring options that may help my crazy chemical imbalance -- blah.

I am grateful u r here!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.