Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Monday, July 17, 2006

I am grateful today...

What a difference a coupla days can make! My alcoholic car got weller, so it is working great now! I was really bummed without wheels. I went to the Alano Club today and talked recovery and had some laughs with some of the regulars that go there daily for coffee and chat. Many of the people in the local area refer to the Alano Club as an "armpit." Sometimes it can be like a bar without the alcohol. Recovering Alcoholics gone wild! Hmmm, another video opportunity? HAHA! I enjoy the Alano Club, so I am part of the "armpit." Perhaps someday I'll grow out of the "armpit" and branch out into a franchise. But I belong there, with the rest of the crazies, and the occasional homeless people that wander in off the streets.
Today, I'm grateful for a roof over my head, a car that runs, auto insurance, AA and my friends in it, food in the cupboards and freezer and fridge. Let's not forget Moose Tracks ice cream!! I am grateful for the blog community and those bloggers that email to make sure I'm on my best behavior. I have a willingness to let God run my life just for today, and so far, my God is a rocker!! With that said, I'll put on some old time rock and roll, the kind of music that soothes the soul....Wishing you all another 24!! Ok, Buh bye!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

i am glad to hear things are good :)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Aewsome gratitude! Funny how things change day by day. This is a nice way to start your Monday off!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.