Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2005.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, July 14, 2006

I am Root...

That isn't just a Linux saying. Self-centeredness is the ROOT of all our problems. Tonight's Big Book study meeting was great. There were only guys there so we were able to talk about the days of self-centeredness in reference to sex. We don't get to talk much about sex at AA here. It's important. Don't abuse it. It's a gift from God, please treat accordingly!! I had to share the following with a fellow blogger tonight, so I guess I'll just post it:From the movie, "The Sixth Sense." My twisted version:

"I see stupid people, walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't even know they're stupid. I see them everywhere."
By the grace of God go I...

I'm sleepy. G'night all, and thanks for another 24. Ya'll rock! Oh, and thanks for not smoking in here...

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

I see people in pain. I see people too busy getting their life together to feel what's going on inside of themselves or anyone else. I see happy people, tortured people. I see lost people. I see people who misunderstand each other. I see people helping each other, I see happy, contented people. And I see people who are too preoccupied in their own little world to reach out to another. I see people who are too proud to ask for help. I don't see stupid people at all. Perhaps these 'stupid' people are just spiritually sick.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

The only people who are stupid, in my opinion are people have a closed mind, people who look down on others, & people who think people are stupid.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I think sex ought to be brought up in a mixed meeting. We need to know how the opposite sex feels about sex, & the oopposite sex. How else are we going to learn? Don't we want to learn? Don't we want to know how the other sex feels? Too much fear & pride. I never hear about it in mixed meetings. I'm guilty too of not bringing it up, I'm too embarrassed. Isn't that silly? It's not as if we haven't experienced plenty of it. But when it comes to sex, I think we are both jaded & naive, & maybe closed minded. Why? It's too close, it's too intimate. When it comes to sex my defenses go down, & I open myself up to being hurt, I don't have good boundaries. How am I going to get healthier about sex, & the other sex. I know there are other kinds of relationships, but I want this kind, but not the ones like before, I can't do that anymore. I've been hurt to the bone on this one. It brought up my other relationships & abandonment. I cried an ocean, I bled & bled. So I'm shy once again. And scared! Mabe that's what it is, we've all been deeply hurt, & I didn't want to take any responsability for it. I'm ready to now. I want to get through this so I can move on.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.