Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Monday, July 24, 2006

Heat, and fat men...

Well, tomorrow starts a cooling trend, with temps dropping to around 100 F. Even though it is cool in this place, one side of the house is exposed to the sun all day. I have foil in most of the windows. I must be a redneck. I have put on a lot of weight, and I'm fat. Or, let's put it this way:"I'm heavier than I want to be." That's not as self deprecating. I have let this heat get to me, and I have found myself utter a naughty word on occasion. Like all day long. So what did I do today to grow. All I did is read Steps one through five in the 12x12. Then I took a nekkid nap. I read the "Daily Reflections" for today. It is fitting when I look over my previous post.
HELPING OTHERS Our very lives, as ex-problem drinkers, depend upon our constant thought of others and how we may help meet their needs." page 20, AA Big Book

5 Comments:

Blogger Trudging said...

We had a heat wave here last week! Stinks! I hope you get a break.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yuck I hate that heat. Hope it is coolin off for ya~

6:48 AM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Love the Daily Relfections. When I first got mine, I opened it up to the day and was amazed at what I was reading and how it seemed to be written directly for me -- funny how those messages get to us when we need them.

Stay Coooooool!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Tennessee Santa said...

Big guys don't do well in the heat, that is because we already generate more BTU's than a regular sized person. I really do understand that one.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.