Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, August 04, 2006

Good news, bad news...

The good news is I'm sober and grateful today and the bad news is, a lot of alcoholics are trying to drink like normal social drinkers, and failing miserably at it.
I worked the bar at the local Alano Club last night. There was an NA meeting there, that was the only one. Too bad, the club has two meeting rooms. Anyway a lady came in that I really wanted to chat with, but some dude was talking non-stop and telling very adult jokes. I told him I was gonna put parental controls on him if he didn't change the subject. For the men: Telling sex jokes repeatedly to women in recovery is entirely inappropriate.  Tell me the jokes first. Some ladies have histories that are just not conducive to that type of humour. (oops Canadian!). Just something for the guys to think about when in mixed company. Kind of a "if ya want respect, be respectful" thing.
It is a privilege to be able to volunteer at the Alano Club, and I now have devoted every Thursday evening to doing that. What else happened today, oh I went to see my doctor Kenny S., and all my bloodwork was perfect. My swelling has gone away, but he still wants me to take another diuretic for a month then see him again. He said it may have been the result of the recent heat wave we had, a clot, and I'm just getting older too, and my beautiful legs are just not working as well as they used to. But damn, they still look good.(LMAO!)
Today I am grateful for:

  • Gregory for making me feel big.

  • Tod, who helps me with tolerance and patience.

  • Sharon, who reminds me to be humble.

  • The air conditioner.

  • Fans that push the cool air.

  • Food, wheels, and a roof over my head.

  • Fred, for his hugs.

  • Mellissa, for her frank honesty.

  • The fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous.

  • Kristina, for reminding me it's ok to ask for help.

  • Recovering bloggers that rock!

  • Cut-offs!

  • A loving God.


Have a beautiful weekend everybody :o) AB...

5 Comments:

Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Yay 4 good blood levels.

I would be there along with failing as a normal drinker. Honestly, this is one failure I am ok with. So, I don't. It is not of my doing however. ;)

I like your gratitude list, many people are walking with you.

Have an AWESOME weekend!

3:23 PM  
Blogger sharonsjourney said...

Thank you so much for addressing the sick men about bad jokes & bad behavior around women in recovery.Especially those with checkered histories. I for one am sick & tired of the disrespect! Some just don't have a clue!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your understanding of appropriate behavior is much appreciated. Though I have always just moved on from those people as I view it like "they are sick and do not know better" at some point they should learn.

G~

6:02 AM  
Blogger Rex said...

Great post. Love the list, you are very blessed.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. kid school backpack Pics of hardcore teens sex Accessories for 1999 montero sport

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.