Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Monday, August 14, 2006

Bla............

It's funny how I can post about everything nice, and the next day have a raging case of the "fuck it's." I haven't touched my program all day and I sure can tell. I know I will feel better after I write this post, I always do, but right now, my attitude stinks. I can't put my finger on anything causing this, other than being complacent about recovery today. So what am I thinkin'? If I take a day off from working my program, then my disease takes time away too??!! Oh hail no. While I do nothing, I get pounded by my brain. I went from action to inaction in 24 hours. Today has just been another reminder that this is a one day at a time thing. Each day is a new beginning. Sometimes being an alcoholic really sucks. Today has just been one of those. I suppose I will have days like these. I just hope I don't have too many of them. On reflection, I didn't do what I do every morning, and that's begin with peace and quiet. I didn't pray nor meditate. I'll do that now before I go to bed. There, I feel better already. I'll climb down off my cross now. See you all Tuesday...I am grateful that I didn't feel the need to drink though. That's for certain.

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Saturday I had a case of the Fuck it's! I've noticed that when I've got a case of them something good is about to happen and 'ol Mr. Hyde is trying to get me to fuck it up! Glad you didn't give in to the Fuck it's. Hagd yfg

5:45 AM  
Blogger Mama Dukes said...

yeah I heard about how its an uphill climb to work my program and its step by step but when I don't work it I slide back real far real quick

glad you didn't drink over it

9:16 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I was 2 years into recovery before my sponsor finally convinced me to begin my day with prayer. It makes a HUGE difference in my day. I know this because of the few days that I've neglected to do it.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Being human is bru~tail!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.