Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, August 25, 2006

Step Eleven...

Good Big Book study meeting tonight...I just finished reading Step Eleven. Randomly, I read that step. This picture I took today for a day late HNT. I added some light to this one. It isn't easy taking pictures of one's own body parts. A friend of mine on "Flickr" took a similar picture, with their feet in the air. They challenged me to try it, so I did. After the Fire department, ambulance service and the people from the "Save The Whales Foundation" were able to restore me to an upright position, I was able to upload this foto. Actually, I was able to get up off of the floor under my own power, and asking God for help. It took some prayer, but I made it. The words "Sought through prayer..." Stand out to me. I take time to pray daily, and maybe I'll do it several times daily. I did this picture to help me realize how important prayer is, and that there are many ways to pray. Use anything to pray. Use your feet. Whatever works for you...Please use it. It helps this jerky drunk stay calm and sober, a little serene.

5 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

That's a Beautiful picture.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

1) Love the pic ~ with the light coming from that angle it makes your feet appear to be making a triangele. Thee "triangle."

2) Laughing with big broad smile at your rescue crew

3) "Whatever works for you" is my philosophy too.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

This is such a beautiful picture, it speaks so much of serenity and life. Because it is black and white I think the beauty of it is captured at its greatest. I really really love it!

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the pic! glad to find your blog :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Redhead Gal said...

I love your rescue joke! Thanks for sharing.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.