Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, August 25, 2006

Gotta Love Bonding...

Male bonding in the fellowship is awesome growth, as I can see. When I first came to AA, I would talk to and hug anything in a skirt. I thought hugging men that I hardly knew was gross. I'm eager today to hug these men who are trudging the same path as I. This is also scientific. Hugs promote healing and improves over health. There are psychological as well as physical health improvements. A recent study from a major California univsersity indicates these things. They suggest a minimum of four hugs daily, one around breakfast time, again at lunch, dinner and at bedtime. Any hugging after bedtime I would suggest would only be a fringe benefit and healthy, provided the situation is healthy!! :o)

As I grow in the fellowship of AA, I have come to understand the gift of bonding.
Many times in my alcoholic state, I drank to establish a bond between myself and others, but I succeeded only in establishing the bondage of alcoholic loneliness. Through the AA way of life, I have received the gift of bonding--with those who were there before me, with those who are there now, and with those yet to come. For this gracious gift from God, I am forever grateful.
from the Daily Reflections, page 246. That's today. Happy weekend to all!!

4 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

I was told early on in AA that i need to get 8 hugs per day. They didn't say what time of day though.
Have a great weekend.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Hugs!!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Justed hugged the husband ~ thanks ;)

6:18 AM  
Blogger Mama Dukes said...

thank you for this passage--it applies to my disease as well

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.