Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, September 01, 2006

Peanut Brittle...

Yesterday, a bunch of us went to a rather famous candy making place, up in one of the mountain passes near here. One of the employee's/part owner is in AA. He set up the whole thing. We went up after the place was closed and we learned to make peanut brittle! I got elbow deep in corn syrup. In total we made 28 pounds of it, and all who helped got two large bags of it. After the candy making, we gathered outside on the lawn along the river to have an AA meeting. The valley there is very rugged terrain, covered with pines and other trees. We sat next to a wide, calm part of the river. With the salmon running, often during the meeting I could hear the loud splash of a salmon jumping. The topic was gratitude. I was in my element. I have been to AA meetings all up and down the west coast. This one was truly the most beautiful one I have ever been to. Or is it because I may be seeing things differently? I don't care what it is. Whatever it is, I'm gonna roll with it. It's nearly better that four hours of hot, sweaty..."nevermind."

9 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

A great setting for a meeting.
Especially, with 2 bags of peanut brittle sitting next to you.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

28 POUNDS, oh my goodness. That calls for a whole lotta water to wash that down.

A meeting in nature, talk about connecting. Have a great weekend! Be safe, be sober :)

7:31 PM  
Blogger kel said...

Hey, thaks for stoppingby my blog and for your incredibly insightful comments. It has taken me a few days to get back to you because I was not sure what to say, you really open my eyes. Alot. Plese revist my blog to read what I wrote about your comments. I want you to know that you made me take a long look at myself and help me to take a step forward for the first time in a long time. Thank you.

Peace.

~kel

7:54 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

Very cool and spiritual too.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Kel, I have been told "We can only keep what we have by giving it away." You are in my prayers.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! We don't ever have things like that in Jersey. How great! and YUMMY!

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a cozy place to visit!
- alcoholicbrain.blogspot.com 6
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.