Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Saturday, September 02, 2006

God's Will for us...

I went to the noon meeting today and left feeling better than when I went in. Seems to work that way. I was whisked away off into a corner by a friend that offered me some information that I saw on paper. The good feeling I had from the meeting drained out the bottom of my feet, and my heart sunk. I was thankful to get the information, but I was now faced with having to make a decision, that will effect the lives of some folks. It wasn't like I was lied to, but more of a "withholding of information" concerning a legal situation that someone else has. A very serious legal concern. This is as specific as I can get. I have been praying for the past two hours for the knowledge of God's will, and the power to carry that out. I sometimes forget that God's time element is different than mine. He hasn't answered my prayer yet. I am now doing some reading.

Seeking Guidance:

"Man is supposed to think, and act. He wasn't made in God's image to be automation."


"My own formula along this line runs as follows: First, think through every situation pro and con, praying meanwhile that I may be not influenced by ego considerations. Affirm that I would like to do God's will."


"Then, having turned the problem over in this fashion and getting no conclusive or compelling answer. I wait for further guidance, which may come into the mind directly or through other people or through circumstances."


"If I feel I can't wait, and still get no definite indication, I repeat the measure several times, try to pick out the best course, and then proceed to act. I know that if I'm wrong, the heavens won't fall. A lesson will be learned, in any case."
from page 55, "As Bill Sees It." God help me do the right thing...Please.

5 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

sounds like excellent advice to me

3:13 PM  
Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Hi Brain,

It sounds like you are making healthy choices to deal with this problem. Good luck with the outcome.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Brain~

Ask and you shall receive right?
Hope your enjoying your weekend.

G~

5:52 AM  
Blogger Redhead Gal said...

I hope your answers come soon for you.

6:28 AM  
Blogger jake said...

You think God's time is now?....happy trudging my friend....

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.