Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Then came Friday...

By this last Friday, I was feeling fairly exhausted. So I go to take a nap before the Big Book Study meeting. Right. I woke up long after the meeting had come and gone. I wasn't feeling real chipper. By Saturday morning, I realized I had come down with a bug of some kind. I did a lot of chicken soup etc...I was hoping maybe it was just a 24 hour thing. Sunday, I wake up with a low grade temp, 99.8. I feel like 8 miles of bad road. Even though I feel like crap and really can't go any where but potty and bed, that doesn't mean that I stop working my program. I have to do the best I can regardless of how I feel physically. Alcoholism is far more patient than I am, and it is always lurking in the background waiting for a weak moment. So for me, I have to touch the principles of this program of AA daily. Even when I have the weakness that a flu brings, I can still gather strength from doing what I have to do, like reading AA literature, pray, and journal when I can. When all else fails, grab the AA Big Book!

A COMMON SOLUTION.

The tremendous fact for every one of us is that we have discovered a common solution. We have a way out on which we can absolutely agree, and upon which we can join in brotherly and harmonious action. This is the great news this book carries to those who suffer from alcoholism.
AA Big Book, page 17

6 Comments:

Blogger jake said...

hope and pray for a speedy recovery my friend....take it easy....D

1:52 PM  
Blogger Pam Jarnagin said...

Great attitude! Hope you feel much better soon!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon ;)

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon!

That's an awesome story about your new computer, by the way. Thank you for sharing that with us!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Mama Dukes said...

hope you feel better soon

7:34 AM  
Blogger kel said...

Feel better soon!!!

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.