Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

Busy, busy, busy...

On Monday a friend with 38 years sober had a stroke. Seems everytime I tried to logon to Blogger, their server was down. I missed posting HNT. I have been busy with a computer (not mine) that I'm fixing that's giving me fits. Yesterday I had to put on a happy face and say "How nice that you still have one megabyte of space left on your 120 gig harddive! Nearly perfect!" With some customers, I think the "waterboard" treatment would be more than appropriate.
I am volunteering at the Club today from 10am till 2pm, then back to that harddrive, then to the 6pm Big Book Study meeting.
Yesterday, I saw a drunk man fall off of his bicycle and possibly break his ankle. My friend and I pulled over as it was two doors down from where I live. As he lay there trying to get up, but not being able too, the traffic just kept going by. This guy was obviously in distress, yet nobody stopped to offer assistance.
My friend and I helped this guy with an ambulance and getting his dog and bicycle home. This morning, I got up and listened to the presidents speech about the war. That, with what I saw last night...What have we become? Basically, Iraq is now a battlefield against terrorists rather than a country.
All this is so sad. Very sad. During my morning prayer, I also thanked God I'M not on a dry drunk.
This is the first and last time you will see anything here about world events. Our government sucks. But today, I still can help others, and stay sober 24 hours at a time! Have a good weekend!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jen R. said...

Sobriety is awesome! Thanks for your post...I have four months today and I never thought I would think that.

If you stop by my blog, there is a "carnival" about joy and inspiration which is pretty inspiring and makes you remember the little moments.

1:32 PM  
Blogger jake said...

great to see that you care even when others don't....love you bro....take gentle care of yourself....

1:46 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Would it be possible to put a mute button on your blog so I can mute the music? I usually have on my radio or TV when surfing blogs and your music causes me to pass up reading your posts.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a full day. Sorry about your friend who had a stroke. His he/she OK?

8:12 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

Being of service, thats cool

11:57 PM  
Blogger Pam Jarnagin said...

Bless you and your friend for helping that poor guy. "Normies" tend not to care what happens to alcoholics in situations like that. I guess the thinking is that it's our own fault we're there, so we should get ourselves out. You were truly a good samaritan, and a kind soul. ((hugs))

7:58 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

I'm grateful you're sober today. I'm grateful I am too.

12:44 PM  
Blogger sharonsjourney said...

What is wrong with people, but there are a few good samaratins like you & Greg left, thank God. I missed Bush's speech, probably a good thing! It was predicted before the war, it would bring out the terrorists from the woodwork, & that is just what has happened. Our country is not safer by any means! That's all I have to say about that. Busy is good, as long as you're not too busy to do your work on yourself. Which is where I'm at, I need to slow down. But I am enjoying my sobriety. I get to help others. That is awesome. Feels good doesn't it. That man will remember you, so will God.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

It is really wonderful that you are sober and able to understand and help others that are living in that darkness of the Dz. You do amazing work you know.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.