Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, June 09, 2006

Why did he quit drinking alcohol you ponder?

Maybe I got tired of waking up with people I didn't know.
Maybe I got tired of waking up in the county jail.
Maybe I got tired of hangovers.
Maybe I got tired of throwing up.
Maybe I got tired of wrecking my truck, my jeep, my car.
Maybe I got tired of spending what money I had in a bar.
Maybe I got tired of running from fears.
Maybe I got tired of numbing myself from a painful past.
Maybe I got tired of running from a painful present.
Maybe I got tired of trying to be somebody I'm not.
Maybe I got tired of feeling alone in a crowd.
Maybe I got tired of hurting people who love me.
Maybe I got tired of getting things pierced.
Maybe I got tired of tattoos.
Maybe I just got tired...



I quit drinking because I had to in order to live. Period. Survival sucks, living is cool. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I still think I am different than others. I have made terrible choices in my life. I have pain, regrets, shame. Only me can repair the wreckage of my past...I'm happy for a way to do just that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.