Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Junkie!!

Sounds like a great name for a heavy metal band. I have been in many relationships for the past fifteen years. My latest relationship ended recently, much the same as all the others. Last night I spoke with my sponsor on the phone for about an hour, then we met today for a one to one. We had about a two hour chat. I came to realize that I am not just an alcoholic, but a love junkie as well. I was divorced 15 years ago from a lady I truly loved. It was euphoric. Ever since then, I have been trying to recapture that feeling. I am currently in the process of writing my fourth step, and this realization couldn't have come at a better time. I can incorporate all this relationship stuff right into it. It has also been my fears that drive me into relationships. Ideas of not having a woman in my life brings on fears of low self-esteem, emotional insecurity, blunted pride and so on. Relationships for me were nothing more than a drug, with it's associated behavior. I now have to face this reality, and it's through only a change in my behavior, will it become a habit. Until then, all I know what to do is keep my pants on. Like to the new comer in AA, just keep the plug in the jug...Pardon the expression...

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.