Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Celebrate recovery...

Some of you know that I got sober in 1979. Then in 1990 I walked away from the tables of AA, and by 1991, I was drunk again.  It wasn't until I looked at a blog today that had a card there mentioning my sober birthday, did I come to realize.  At that blog, I was listening to a song that I really like, that I came to realize.  I came to realize that milestones in recovery should be celebrated.   Recovery should be celebrated. I had become consumed by self-centeredness due to my failure in 1991. I never celebrated AA birthdays since. How self-consumed is that? I have been so wrapped-up in self, that I could not see what a gift recovery is! Imagine being so into self, that all you get are gifts without celebration! Holy shit. Today, I'm going to go by myself a one year coin. Maybe someday, I can give it to somebody in celebration.

Today I will celebrate recovery...Today, I won't give up on AA.


The music video below reminds me of AA...I pray that I never give up on it again.  Thanks Gwen. See Gewn's page  here Thanks to all who left comments!! Hugs.

17 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

I heard we celebrate not only for ourselves, but to show others hope as well. You well-earned that coin!

1:53 PM  
Blogger jake said...

Yo man, when is your birthday?.....congrats and keep coming back....I agree with Carly.....Take good care my friend.

2:32 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I agree with Carly. Celebrations of milestones are for those with less time sober than the one celebrating.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Yes we do celebrate for others as well as ourselves.

4:16 PM  
Blogger sharonsjourney said...

Your story wasn't done.....now you can share it with others. give others hope, I agree with Carly.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

I knew that!LOL

4:34 PM  
Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Happy Birthday, Brain.

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday/Anniversary!

Sorry I'm a day late but they told me I'm never late lol...

Hmmm - so, I've just learned some things about you I hadn't known!

You know the deal!

Somehow - I see a newcomer in your future hehehe...

7:17 PM  
Blogger sharonsjourney said...

Now, you have recovery & hope to ad to your story. Did you hear the 'pop'? I'm excited for you. Happy belated birthday!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Happy birthday, celebrate every day and keep on celebrating.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Jen R. said...

Great post...and thanks for you reminder that walking AA from AA only brings us closer to a drink

9:53 PM  
Blogger kel said...

I celebrate you and all of the other bloggers that inspire me and give me faith.


Peace.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Hey, it is aewsome to celebrate this, one day, one week, one year and thensome. Each day is a dedication, and accumilation is kick ass!!!

Happy Milestone Birthday!!!! Seeing others do this is gave me a reason to keep coming back.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

A very happy birthday, friend.

Kind regards

Kenny
London
England

9:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes sir ~ to show others It WORKS! Glad you got yourself a coin.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow,do you sound brainwashed or what.I cant do it without AA...I cant do it without AA.......YES YOU CAN.As long as you stay in AA you WILL fail.AA has the lowest success rate and uses mind control techniques to keep you coming back and making you believe that you cant quite without them.Youre ADDICTED to AA.They control you.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.