Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Monday, July 03, 2006

Toes stepped on...Turning the other cheeks..

I had my toes stepped on by another recovering alcoholic tonight, and I didn't retaliate. That's significant progress for me. I have to remember that we can be sick at times. I care about them, and will keep them in my prayers. I did get a chance to have coffee at the local AA Club, and chat with my sponsor, and, snag some software, that I failed to install. Linux Xandros. So I just finished rebooting my other machine after installing Xandros 2 back on it. I need to see people react like that at times, to remind me that I can get that way if I do not maintain a conscious contact with my HP.

I sincerely hope you all have a great fourth of July! I am going down by the Columbia River here where they have a fireworks show, that is impressive. I like to get so close that when they shot them off, I can feel the concussion rattle my bones. That is such a rush. Laying flat on my back looking straight up at fireworks. More tomorrow. G'night, and God bless.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Patience and tolerance of others . . . you go! It is great that you can recognize your progress and understand the different result that come from different actions.

Happy 4th to you! Be safe at the river, it sounds like a peaceful (besides the loud fireworks in the sky :) event.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Happy 4th!

Good to see that you have comments back in place.....

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.