Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Outside looking in...

I have been away from the keyboard for a while doing some livestock caretaking while friends leave town for a while. I missed my meeting with my sponsor today, as I had a "senior moment" and thought today was Monday!! It's nice to finally get all the cards out on the table to see what's in my hand. It's nice to be able to get outside of myself and watch my alcoholic in action, especially when it comes to the twisted stuff. Anyway, my sponsor is leaving town tomorrow, so, I'll cover his shift Sunday night at the Club, and do the Wednesday and Friday AA meetings. We are trying to mix it up a bit and let other people chair the meetings. Getting involved is vital I think. I have a sense of calm today. I feel restored to sanity, and acceptance plays a huge role in my life today. It's easier when I give up fighting with me. It is amazing what I will do, or did do, to try and get the attention of somebody. Alcoholics are charming and creative in lifestyle. Ok, nothing huge to report. I don't find it necessary to drink today. A neat question I came up with for myself is "who did you help today AB?" Time to surf the blogosphere!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Good blogging... try to do more of it... I miss ya man...

12:40 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

I am glad it was only a senior moment vesus a blackout moment.

Were you petsitting livestock?

2:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You helped me today ;)

G~

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.