Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Sunday, September 06, 2009

I have been away...

Well dAAve, I am still here. I backed off the blog thing for a while, thinking I was burnt out. The truth is I have been in a deep depression. I was first treated for depression at age 15. It is something that has haunted me my whole life. Sometimes I'm ok, sometimes I seem to nose dive. What I have learned is that I don't have to drink over it today. But it does have some negative ramifications, like snapping and being a jerk to those I love and care deeply about. I am slow to do Step 10. My Alcoholic Brain still tells me things that are not true. Sometimes it appears I believe it's lies, causing hurt to others...Then they react.

Thanks for the comment dAAve. It might just make me do the things that helped me a lot in recovery and that is posting more often on my blog.

I am still sober and today is another day. It looks like I have an AA birthday next month. If I can do God's will, maybe I will have that birthday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Phil K. said...

Hey Friend,

I've been in 12-step mostly AA since 7 Feb 04. It's too early to tell, but found you playing on google with Trust God, Clean House, Help Others Rx from Dr Bob you have posted. (loved cutting and pasting it and know one of my mentors and some of the guys I share recovery with will love it thanks so much!)

As I started to say too early to tell, but man the freedom from feeling down and the charater defects that used to lead to me snapping at others is unbelieveable, but true.

I've been finding following some of Joe and Charlies BB tape recommendations like "On Awakening Prayer p. , Fear Prayer p. 68, and Resentment prayer p 67., plus talking as openly as I can sharing my falling short and listening for recovery solutions in my home groups and with at least 3-5 recovery contacts per day seems to be bringing the 4th dimension p.25 on the horizon.

Thanks for sharing, wish you all the best. Phil K. pldsan@hotmail.com

1:23 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I'm glad you posted. Depression is nasty, but it's very treatable.

I bet you'll have that AA birthday next month because -- you're willing.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey Alcoholic Brain... I just happened to be surfing and thought I'd check out your blog... dAAve is right, depression is very nasty... I've had my share of it... Living in the now, I haven't found it necessary to wallow in my morass of self pity for long at a time, anytime for a long time now...I'm being reminded regularly that it's easy to let up on the spiritual program of action and rest on our laurels... we're headed for trouble if we do, for alcohol is a subtle foe... I know for me that I don't want to be miserable anymore... Keep doing what you're doing and you'll keep getting what you're getting... LUV YA

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.