Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, December 26, 2008

Another death, and other stuff...

My sister passed away about two weeks ago. She had been ill for a long time, but we all thought she had a few years left, so it was bad news. She stopped breathing at home and was taken to the hospital and placed on life support. We met with several doctors and were told that she was not going to pull through so we might consider taking her off of life support. I had decided to be with her when they pulled the plug. The doctor said she could last from 10 minutes to two days. She had end stage lung disease. They also discovered that she had a cirrhotic liver and her abdomen was full of cancer. This was also causing internal bleeding. Right after the life support was removed, I saw the nurse give a massive dose of morphine into her IV. I love nurses. After a few loving words were shared, she passed about an hour and a half later. It wasn't all peaceful and calm at first. My sister is a scrapper and wasn't going down without a fight. She managed to say she loved me and she was also crazy about my roommate that is in treatment. It's been a rough year. But it has been a sober year. I am giving to someone without taking. Without expecting anything in return. As Rocky Balboa once said, "Friends don't owe. Friends do because they wanna do." It feels wonderful just to do things right for a change. I wish I could say I owe it all to AA. AA has, and still is a huge help. For a change I have applied a few things from AA. I had really never done that before. Something has changed within me. I just don't talk about it much. I just want to continue to practice these things in all of my affairs...Hope you all had a good Christmas.

5 Comments:

Blogger butterflygirl said...

So sorry to hear about your sister. Keep applying...have faith...and believe. Happy Holidays!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Recovery Road London said...

I'm sorry to read of your loss. I'll remember your sis to my HP.

I hope you have a safe and sober day.

11:57 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Keep coming back.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Lonnie said...

I am going to need some help getting going again if you don't mind?

11:23 PM  
Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Sure Lonnie whip me an email and we'll get ya going...AB

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.