Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Graduation...A new beginning.

The evening of the 8th I got a call. She will be coming home following graduation from treatment. I will drive over for graduation, then pick her up the next day after she is discharged for the long drive home. I'm happy she is coming home. Nonstop it's about a 5 hour drive one way. I'm glad the gas prices have gone down.

A week and a half ago I fell climbing down off the roof of my garage. I landed on my feet. I stuck the landing pretty well, but before I hit I knew I had hurt my back again. Some of you know since early 2003, I have had 4 back surgeries. This injury is a good one. A friend came over last Friday and I asked him to go get my chainsaw and cut my leg off. He thought I was kidding. Maybe those who have had leg pain due to back injury know what I mean. It's the kind of pain where they give you the really good drugs. They just seem to take a bit of the edge off, to where I'm only grinding my teeth. I have been praying like a mutha. Most of the time I can't sleep because of it hurting. A year ago last August was my last surgery. Maybe I'm due, I don't know. I hope not. Sure is good to be sober though. I don't think I would be a very good drunk having to handle this pain stuff. We have had a few go back out for more research (slips) lately. One person I'm quite fond of and is out there using alcohol/meth. I pray they are lucky enough to get back. I could use a good old fashioned 12 step call...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.