Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, June 05, 2009

Summer's here...and summer not...

Still sober, my roommate Lonnie and myself. Fishing season has started and I have been making ready for it. I haven't many fishing buddies. The boat needs a minor adjustment. The proper mounting of my Eagle fishfinder. Probably do that tomorrow. Attended three meetings this week. For the past two months I have been thinking about getting out of the valley and moving to Mexico, but that has been my pattern of thinking for past acute relapse episodes. Like when I moved to Vancouver Island, British Columbia Canada, in 2004. Getting out and camping and fishing really boosts my spiritual self. I hope to do a lot of it this season. I need it.


I think I'll lay low for a while right here. Moving right now would be a bad idea. I still feel terribly lonesome sometimes, but that's ok. It tells me who I am at this point in my recovery. I may get discouraged, but I won't give up before the miracle.

Thanks for visiting and thanks for not smoking while here. Behave yourselves. AB.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sage Ravenwood said...

If moving has been the threshold for relapses...Gotta agree stay put until the move is something you want for yourself. Something that you're sure won't cost you your sobriety.

I know getting outdoors and staying active has been the best kind of distraction for me. Was delighted to hear from you dear friend. (Hugs)Indigo

5:04 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I hope you can make a friend or 2 in the program. A support group is of great value.

I haven't smoked while reaidng blogs in almost 3 years. I haven't smoked in almost 3 years.

1:49 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Where are you? Are you finished blogging?

9:11 AM  
Blogger listenez said...

Your blog article is very interesting and fanatic, at the same time the blog theme is unique and perfect, great job.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.