Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, April 27, 2007

Rest...

Sheesh, I have gone too long between posts. I have been busy as of late and pushing myself rather hard, both mentally and physically. I have re-injured my back, and I hope it settles down soon. Pain pills are not my favorite thing. But I know what I would do to manage the pain if I currently didn't have them. I would drink. I have tried to manage back pain in the past with alcohol, and did fail miserably. I think it was Saint Paul who said something like, "I can do all things through God, who strengthens me." My mess is not realizing that when I'm pushing too hard, God wants me to REST, and recharge my batteries through HIM. I cannot expect God to give me the strength to go 24/7. I am sober today, and I am happy for that. It's nice not to have those gawd awful hangovers today, among other bothersome symptoms of alcohol withdrawal. Thanks for another 24 hours...

5 Comments:

Blogger Redhead Gal said...

take care of yourself, Brain.

6:02 PM  
Blogger Lonnie said...

Good for you. There are other ways. Easier and softer is not always the answere. If you think it is okay, than it is okay. You are the only one that can answere that. Your friend.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Meg Moran said...

then rest...and be happy...{HUGS}

11:31 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Get some rest will ya

4:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope that you are feeling better soon. Get some rest :)

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.