Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Monday, April 09, 2007

About my depression...

It appears that I can get so full of myself that I lock others out. Since I'm all I think about it's no wonder that I do these things to myself and fill up with self pity. Keeping others at a distance protects that pity pot that has become so comfortable for me to sit on. I can sit on that pot all day without even as much as a newspaper to read. Yesterday and today are slightly better. This disease is cunning and very sly.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Hang in there Brain. This too shall pass......

10:03 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Nothing insures sobriety more than working with another alcoholic. The same can be said for most of our other character defects. Talk to others in recovery; participate in the fellowship and you WILL notice some changes in your outlook.
It works if you work it.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Cunning, Baffling and Powerful it is. I am trudging along right with you, having my moments . . . but for now I cannot ponder it onto you, for you are fighting and moving forward in the midst of this Dz.

May God keep us close, may God's soldiers help to carry us.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Mama Dukes said...

can so relate---
glad you are here

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Depression is a difficult topic to discuss and define sometimes. Are we depressed because we drink alcohol or do we drink alcohol because we are depressed? I can relate to brain about locking others out a bit, but from my perspective I feel isolated because lots of people lock me out in the first instance, so you need to take account if so many people dont wish to talk with you. Maybe here is part of the crux of my alcoholic dilemma. Drinking when angry and depressed and soaking up the atmosphere is one of the only things Ive enjoyed in my life

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.