Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, January 26, 2007

Turning it over...

This picture was a year old last November. I hadn't been to church in a long time. This is a skit about turning the suitcases full of guilt, shame, and what I'll call defects of character over to God. This actor was hesitant to leave her baggage there. She told God she had been holding onto them for so long, she wouldn't know how she could live without her baggage. I could relate. Now, thanks to AA, I know I can give my luggage to my HP. It's safer there than with any airlines I can think of...


If we ask, God will certainly forgive our derelictions. But in no case does He render us white as snow and keep us that way without our cooperation. That is something we are supposed to be willing to work toward ourselves. He asks only that we try as best we know how to make progress in the building of character.

TWELVE AND TWELVE, p. 65

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

Sometimes, I think I could have opened a Samsonite store with all the baggage I brought.
LOL
But I've let go of most of it. Most of it.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like the image of handing a suitcase to God. I try to store all those things in this lil ole pea head because they come in very handy at times.

Happy Monday!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Dear God, forgive our derelictions. Powerful stuff.

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

I am lighter and free-er when I leave my luggage at the Gates.

Great Stuff!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.