Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving...


I haven't blogged for a while. On the 18th, I went to a district Gratitude Dinner, and about 200 people came from all over the area. We had an Alanon and an AA speaker. They were a married couple and it was all very interesting and such an inspiration. Needless to say, the feast was huge. I'm grateful I went.


I think I will go to the Alano Club today, as this time of year can be a bummer for some, so the Club is having Thanksgiving dinner. That's such a cool thing. Some of us have no families left, or maybe they don't want to see any of us, who knows. But as alcoholics, I think we need each other, regardless. So, I'll go there and hang for a while, then go visit my sister and the rest of my family. I wish you all a happy day.
 I am grateful for today, because I'm sober.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all this pic is flippin halarious!!!! And second, I am touched to hear that situations are created of warmth and welcome to some that do not have a place to be at this Holiday. Happy Thanksgiving.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

Ditto what SC said! Thanks for sharing.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Meg Moran said...

I am glad you had a chance to be of service to other AA's and still spwnd time with family...Happy Grateful Day. Moo Moo!!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, you have so much to be thankful for

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Sober @ Sundown said...

Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fullfilled Holiday!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

I hope you had a great holiday!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Hey B-Rain! Howz it going today? just coming by to say hey. Hope all is well 9 ; c )

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.