Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My topic...

I went to an AA meeting tonight and during the second moment of silence(anybody have a topic?) a gentleman across the room says, "I wanna talk about Step Three."  I felt as if I had been set-up! This was just the meeting the doc ordered for me. Funny how that works huh? I heard a lot of stuff I needed to hear. I shared some things I needed to share. It's so cool to be reminded that sometimes Step Three is an ongoing thing.  It may take a while to sink in. I need to lighten up on me. I actually said that my face hurt, because it had been a while since I had laughed. The funny thing is, I'm usually the one making people laugh. Blogger is acting strange, so I will publish this. I feel much better about things today. You are never alone with AA.

7 Comments:

Blogger lash505 said...

Isn't funny how that works..only in aa

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost like what some call, a "God Shot." I am prescribing some laughter for you. Be sure to follow directions and laugh lots.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, so true. It's amazing how sometimes these meetings seem "pre-arranged". I'm so glad for you!

3:43 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Certainly, for me, Step 3 is a daily process. A way to approach virtually every situation.
As soon as I begin neglecting Step 3, my life goes awry (again) and my spiritual existence ceases to be.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Carly said...

I am chairing a meeting @ 10am, unsure of the topic. Thanks for being God's messenger, AB. Step 3 is exactly what I need today (and every moment of every day).

8:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"I need to lighten up on me"

We are the hardest on ourselves fo sure. I keep working on this too.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Pam Jarnagin said...

This must be going around!
*goosebumps*

We talked about Step 3 nd "Faith," in general at the women's step meeting I went to last night. It was absolutely amazing to hear how HP is showing up and working in the lives of these women. What's more amazing for me, is that my faith is being rekindled, too, and I am experiencing the presence of my HP in my life once again.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.