Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Saturday, October 21, 2006

As I was saying...

I tend to put unrealistic expectations on myself, then of course they are never met, then that gives me permission to hang from my cross saying, "why me lord?"


I heard some good things at the meeting last night. It's a Big Book study on Friday nights. It's nice to get into the book and discuss what was read. I have a strong desire to seek a higher power, and if that means using the group on the way, that's alright. I'm taking this piecemeal, as I can only chew so much. I know now that if I try to take too big of a bite, I'll choke.


I'm feeling grateful today for AA and the people that go there. They know me there. I can be myself and that's ok today.


Nothing Grows in the Dark from page 303 of The Daily Reflections:


"We will want the good that is in us all, even in the worst of us, to flower and grow."

6 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

Unrealistic expectations.
It seems that so many of us are guilty of this - to the extreme. It is by recognizing this tendency and praying about it, that I can be relieved of this terrible, wasteful emotion.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Yep, I know all about expectations! Good for you for growing.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lil baby bites and lil baby steps. Thats me ;)

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you're doing good! Lots of growth can come from those Big Book studies too. I hope you enjoy the study!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learning to lower them, ugh!!! However the growth and peace that comes from it, truly amazing.

9:35 PM  
Blogger jake said...

Wish you the best sobriety can offer...

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.