Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Happy HNT!

Free HNT all you need is a valid email address to subscribe.
Maybe I should be working on that Fourth Step rather than playing on this computer?


Belly button birthday today. I'm still 39, and that's my story and I'm sticking to it!


Actually, I am 53 today. I read in a book some where that "there comes a time to put away childish things." I don't quite know how to define that other than to "grow up." Any Bible scholars here?

For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority--a loving God as He may express Himself in our group conscience.

From page 132 of the 12 x 12.

14 Comments:

Blogger jake said...

Happy Birthday Roy!!!Have a wonderful day....

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Borne Coming into the World day!!!!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

Thanks...

1:15 PM  
Blogger Meg Moran said...

OH ALSO ...... HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY, JOYOUS AND FREE BIRTDAY!!!!!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

Happy Birthday, AB!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Pam Jarnagin said...

"I've looked all over my Hairy Butt, and I just can't find my Crack!"

SCNR the punchline from a very lame childhood joke... yeah, AB, I think it's time for me to grow up, too!

BTW, I'm not a Bible scholar per se, but do have a Master's in Christian Ed, and your interpretation seems pretty "spot on." Whether it's growing up emotionally, or spiritually, it's something we inevitably must come to terms with. It's also something that quite a few of us AAs have not done until we decided to get sober, I guess.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

Happy belated birthday, buddy. 39 was a great year for me, I hope it is for you too.

12:06 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

Happy birthday.
Getting to 53 is much better than not getting to 53.
It's that damn simple.
I get there next March if all goes right.

4:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, AB! Growing up is always optional :D

4:16 AM  
Blogger lash505 said...

Happy Birthday and Amen to that..

2:36 PM  
Blogger Pam Jarnagin said...

Forgot to say, Happy Birthday, AB!! Glad you're still here to celebrate another year on this planet! :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am so sorry I missed it!!!!

Glad you are here ;)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Mama Dukes said...

Happy happy belated belly button birthday!

Not a Bible scholar but I read in our literature about emtional maturity---

1:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hell, I was told we stop growing emotionally when we start drinking alcoholically. That makes me 21!!!!

Happy birthday!

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.