Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, December 08, 2006

Gung Ho...

Yes, I am still here. Has anyone switched to Google's new Beta blog? Just curious. I've been in a real funk. I'm trying to put on a happy face for the holidays, but truth be told, right now, I think they suck, and I can't wait for them to be over. I'm still trying to do good things to get me closer to my Higher Power. It isn't easy for an agnostic. I have faith that someday soon, I will come to trust in God totally. More often than not, I still buy into the line that "I'm a piece of shit" and not worthy of a loving God.
I have to remember that when I think that way, I'm ragging on God's handiwork.  That's how my disease wants me to think. Thanks for visiting and thank God I'm still clean and sober.

4 Comments:

Blogger lash505 said...

He is on your side. Finding god has not come easy for me. I have just finally let him have more control over my life..

9:52 PM  
Blogger Carly said...

Hey AB,

TAG you're it! Here are the rules: Each player of this game starts with the 6 Weird Things About You. People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own 6 Weird Things as well as state this rule clearly. Have fun! :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

As you Keep Coming Back, talk with some others (they are there) who feel as you do about God or a Higher Power. Find out how they came to believe. Eventually, you will develop your own concepts that work for you. Then it will all seem so easy.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Mama Dukes said...

I was at a holiday party Sunday and the hostess talked to us about contrary actions cause so many are glum for the holiday. And that if I am working my program and carrying a message than I should be smiling at the cashier not sneering. Some days are tougher than others but most everyday I might be the only version of the Big Book someone sees that day--

you are so blessed to be sober and alive AB

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.