Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Thursday, December 28, 2006

KISS and help others...

I haven't blogged for a while. Have been to a few AA functions and AA meetings. I went to a meeting recently and there were two oldtimers who hadn't seen each other for about 15 years.  One of them had met Dr Bob and Bill W.  He also danced with Marty Mann, and met the first black woman in AA. Both men had hearing aids and sat across the table from each other and yelled about their common past. Between the two of them, they had over 80 years sober in AA. The one fella said something I'll never forget. He said, "The minute I start thinking about myself, my spiritual condition goes to hell and I'm close to a drink." They both stressed an easy solution to a complicated problem. Keep it simple. Make a habit of going to meetings and don't drink in between.
Sound wisdom. I'm happy the holiday season is almost over...Thank God for another 24...

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great story, thanks for sharing. So true....KISSMIF.....Keep It Simple Stupid, And Make It Fun.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I love oldtimers. Rich with history and stories. Simplicity. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Have a safe and sober new year Brain,
G~

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great experience. Thank you for sharing that. I never heard to too. Love those old timers.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Meg Moran said...

how very cool! 2 old sober coots. I love it!!!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff!
good to hear from you.

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good stuff!
good to hear from you.

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm really enjoying the blog. I've got a recovery blog as well and thought you'd be interested in my new posting about staying sober at New Year's:

http://sobertoday.org/stayingsober/newyeardrunk/

TK

9:40 AM  
Blogger Redhead Gal said...

Happy New Year, Brain.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love oldtimers. How cool that one had met our founders. Good to hear from you, AB!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Mary Christine said...

It is so good to get to spend some time with those guys. Enlightening and reassuring.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks for sharing that. Thinking of something other than self is tough some times.

Mike

6:29 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

I have been right there the last couple of weeks.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best sound wisdom you could get.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 2007!

12:12 PM  
Blogger jake said...

TYeah, thank God for those oldtimers and thank God for you...Happy New Year!!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Gooey Munster said...

Happy New Year. Where are you this fine day in 2007?

12:34 PM  
Blogger Alcoholic Brain said...

I was probably sitting in a meeting somewhere...

2:56 PM  
Blogger jake said...

hey buddy, its been a while now since we've heard from you...what's up?...

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping in to say Hello!

G~

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.