Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Easier said...

I had three phone calls yesterday from people in AA who are having issues. I don't know why they called me. Maybe they see something in me that I can't see yet. I sent a lecture to one this morning. As I read it, it applies to me as well...


Dear Bla Blabla,

I believe that as we grow, in the right way, we have moments of clarity. Whether we drink or take a pill or not. We can sometimes see through that little window and catch a glimpse of our life. It's hard when people lie to us. What is worse is to discover the reality of living in the lie. Our fears makes it easier to stay in a life situation that is destructive to our emotional security. Financial security is good, but it does nothing for the soul. It's a self-defeating learned behavior that gets in the way of true intimacy and the truth.

We suffer from a "feel" disease. Fear of being alone may keep us in a soul sickness. It's just a bitch to grow through it. We have to get selfish and deal with the people places and things that we see are getting in the way of a quality recovery. We are the only ones who can start the ball rolling. It starts with us, and the real friends we have. We have plenty of real friends, we just may not know it yet. Maybe we haven't met them all. They are there.

Have a good day. I need some sunshine. These gray days are a real bummer for me.

Sorry about the lecture. I guess I haven't done that for a while...

Your friend,
alcoholic brain
-------------------------------
I feel a touch of gratitude today. Thank God for another 24!

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Rex said...

I hear ya on the grey days, although we did get a splash of sun down here in Pullman yesterday. I see lots of growth happening.....Keep on keeping on.

4:18 PM  
Blogger dAAve said...

I like the idea of not yet having met some of my friends.
Thanks.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Redhead Gal said...

It sure is a feel disease. Thanks for sharing.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Trudging said...

feel disease...you said it.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Mama Dukes said...

We suffer from a "feel" disease.

what a great line! Never heard it before.Thanks

8:08 AM  
Blogger lushgurl said...

I too loved that there are friends I haven't even met yet, so hopeful!

Fear kept me sick for a very long time. Fear of being alone, fear of trying something new, fear of not being accepted... Today I try to walk through the fear and 'do it anyway'

If nothing changes, nothing changes and CHANGE WE MUST

4:48 PM  
Blogger Meg Moran said...

I feel a "touch" of gratitude...nice. I wonder if it's God's touch.

3:11 PM  
Blogger ArahMan7 said...

Thanks for your comments on HNT. Come visit my blog.

Greeting from Malaysia.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Valentines Day Brain~

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW did you hit the nail on the head with that post today. Its exactly what I have been gowing through and though I detached myself physically from the relationship in November, Ive been mentally attached and attacked by it for sometime since then. But Im growing through it and it is a bitch, but I know Ill be ok. Thanks for sharing and Happy valentines day!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful.

How are you doing?

8:19 PM  
Blogger butterflygirl said...

wanted to say hi...it's been a while

9:46 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Thanks for being.....

8:42 PM  
Blogger Anonypus said...

I was reading some of my past blog entries, re-read a comment you left and came here.

The letter you wrote - exactly what I needed to read. The grace of God.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like what you said about not meeting all our friends yet, it's so true, & gives us one more thing to look forward to. With friends, I'm not alone.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Meg Moran said...

where are you? I miss your posts.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Crazy camper said...

I think many people ( if not all) fear of being alone. But if you work on it - people will be around you. I admire when someone says - I am afraaid of being alone, I am afraid of smth... to expose ur fear and then to deal with it is cool.

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.