Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

We even try suicide...

Last night I'm sitting at home and the phone rings at 11pm. The caller is someone who is struggling to stay sober. Many AA's won't go talk with a drinking alcoholic, but I do recall Tradition 3. They were asking for help, so I paid a visit. Being forgetful, I forgot my cigs in my car, so I went back outside to get them. While outside, my friend took a massive overdose of psychiatric medication. It reacted so quickly, my friend was in a coma before the medics arrived. They are now in Intensive Care, on a ventilator, and still comatose. Please pray for my friend. I'm going now back to the hospital and pray my butt off, and read to them. I know those in a coma can still hear. Thank God for another 24 hours. God bless you for doing the beautiful things you all do. I love my blogger friends. AB.

5 Comments:

Blogger butterflygirl said...

In the name of Jesus!!!

8:28 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

You and your friend and in my prayers. I am truly sorry.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Mama Dukes said...

will pray for you both

5:31 AM  
Blogger Redhead Gal said...

I am praying for you both. How horrible!

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes I don't know how to cope . . . my son has overdosed 3 times in the last year, right under my nose. He has survived all three times. How many attempts will it take before he actually finishes the job -- or before he starts to GET IT. He's not dead for a reason -- he has unfinished business, work to do in this life. I want to hug him and slap him at the same time for putting me through this. I feel that I have to mentally prepare myself every morning to open his bedroom door . . . just in case he won't wake up.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.