Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Monday, April 30, 2007

Letting go...

Sure was a great meeting last night, and a wonderful thing happened after I got home. I felt as if I was holding onto something that I couldn't see nor define. I just felt tense...? Whatever these hangups were that I couldn't define or see, I felt a powerful need to "let go."
So that's what I did. I just found myself flat on my back repeating the words, "let go" over and over...Suddenly I found myself free, and with a peace I haven't felt in years. I am clueless as to what really happened to me. All I can say is that it happened, and it was very real. A new freedom perhaps...Whatever issue I was hanging onto, I can only say I must have been holding on too tight. I am beginning to see what true letting go is. It is just beautiful, and nearly impossible to put into words what true letting go is for me. I believe I am beginning to totally trust my Higher Power. I guess I'll just leave it at that and not analyze or monkey with it. I pray you all can experience the ecstasy that true letting go brings. Thanks for another 24 hours without the need, desire, or the thought, to pick up a drink. That in itself for me is truly a miracle.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lonnie said...

Letting go can be the most difficult and yet most freeing things we can do. I have alot of that left work on. Am truly, truly happy for you, just don't take it back. Keep on keepin on.

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds very beauttiful and freeing. Your soul is lighter. :) Flying freeeeeeeeee!

9:06 AM  
Blogger dAAve said...

sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!

6:54 PM  
Blogger butterflygirl said...

Oh, letting go. It is going to be so much better now.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Redhead Gal said...

Letting go is a lesson that I am working on. Thanks for sharing your experience.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Shadow said...

wow! sounds wonderful. must try that some time....

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.