Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Personal inventory...

It amazes me how people take the inventory of others in AA. I wish they would grow up,  and just take enough time to read about the 12 traditions and the 12 steps of AA. I read a neat line in another alcoholic blog, that puts it in a nut shell for me.  An old timer in AA made a comment about another AA member, a new comer, to the new comers face. This old timer was taking the inventory of the new comer. The new comer responded by saying, "Stop crapping in my pants...I can do that myself!"...Oh dude, excellent comeback!


I recently went to a person's home in AA, who was recovering from surgery just two days prior. A good friend of mine said they were taking an AA meeting to this person, who was laid-up and couldn't get out. So I tagged along. There were only five of us, and it was awesome. I enjoy small intimate meetings like that. It is very easy for me to hide in larger organized meetings. I know that I have earned my seat in AA. But still to this day, I don't feel as others in AA appear to feel. I feel sicker, and that I'm not as "well" as others. Maybe my "self-extreme" needs improving...Or maybe I'm comfortable feeling shitty about myself? AHHA!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.