Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Mental Twist...

For the past couple of weeks, my sponsor and I have been discussing the mental twist that happens before an alcoholic/addict attends to another spree. I have had a few sprees and the roles I have played are quite remarkable. One moved me to another country, and another one landed me 3,000 miles from home. I am going to have to do a lot of writing. Sort of, authoring a play, if you will. I do know for a fact that if I do not work the steps and go to meetings, I will not be able to interrupt one of these twistings of cognition. Relapse starts long before one picks up a drink or a drug. I have to go see my "paid friend" in the morning. I look forward to that most of the time...But sometimes getting healthy hurts a little. False pride is a huge cumbersome pill to swallow. But it can be swallowed...I know...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.