Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Love runs deep...

Since last February I have been head over heels in love. She is my room mate, best friend and lover. Today I still have the spark that I felt ever since I first saw her. I cannot imagine life without her at all. She is my family now. Maybe not in the legal sense. She has said yes to marriage several times to me. Maybe someday we will do that. She will be leaving soon on an adventure of 45 days or so, on the other side of the state. I will miss her dearly, and deeply. I have never felt such a deep and powerful love like this for anyone in my whole life. I know I will love her forever. This is something that if I still lived in the world of "it's all about me,"would not be possible at all. The bondage of self has been lifted.

I thank God that he/she has brought us together.

On October 26th, tomorrow, I turn 54 years old. It's way past time for me to put away selfish childish things and devote myself fully to another human being, for better or for worse.

I don't mean to get all mushy and pathetically romantic here, but it's what I'm feeling right now.

And that's not so bad.

I'm a real alcoholic my name is AB. I haven't found it necessary to pick up a drink today, and for that I am eternally grateful.

4 Comments:

Blogger dAAve said...

It's a truly great blessing to have that/those feelings. I too am in love for the first time in my 53+ years.
I have my HP and AA to thank for the opportunity to do something about it.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Lonnie said...

Just remember to be careful, and that your primary relationship should be with your HP. People will let you down.
Happy Birthday AB! Love ya.

11:34 PM  
Blogger lash505 said...

HB Thats what love is all about.. very cool

9:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday and I am happy you found your soul mate. One of the many gifts of sobriety.

G~

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.