Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Daytime friends, night time lovers...

My best friend is leaving soon. Moving away. Won't ever be back kinda thing. There are many AA judges here that do not like her, because she has done some unusual things, and has behaved oddly. Imagine that. An alcoholic/addict with mental illness acting that way at times. In her defense, I have to say she does the best she can with what she has to work with. That's all any human can do.
I can recall when I first met this person. Two years ago she came into the AA club where I was volunteering, pouring coffee and working the cash register. I will never forget that smile; it lit up the room. It was as if she had finally come home after a long and tiring journey. Her home is the friendly faces of recovering people in the twelve step program. She has an aura and soul that I admire and love very much. Whatever the reason, I am unable to see her flaws, that so many others see. I am sad today. I will miss this person terribly. I know that is awfully selfish. As of late, I am spending every waking moment with her, hoping that whatever she has in her heart might rub off onto me, even a little bit. She loves me, and I love her, but it is not a mystic type of love. This is the kind of love that lasts forever. She is returning to her family that she loves and misses, and that is a beautiful thing. That is the most important thing in life! I am grateful she has touched my life and helped me to get back on the right path toward God. I wish only happiness for her, regardless of where she is...That's what "gets it" for me. I am happy to be sober today, and to feel these things...Still, sometimes I just like to screw...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.