Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Friday, March 04, 2005

It's trying to kill me...

Wednesday I went to a small AA meeting. Going to these meetings helps me to stop thinking about how nice things are in my life. What these meetings do is help me interrupt the thoughts from my Alcoholic Brain. After the meeting, I went to coffee with a friend to a restaurant for coffee. People in AA like their coffee. During our visit, he said, "Your brain is trying to kill you. It wants you dead." He's right. I believe this to be true with all alcoholics, as well as drug addicts. Looking back, my brain, which used to be my friend, wants me dead. It's critical that I stop thinking, and let others do that for me. If my pride steps in and tells me that I can make up my own mind, make my own decisions, work my own program of recovery, I will surly die.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.