Alcoholic Brain

Hi and thanks for visiting. I have an alcoholic brain. I will try to post comments daily about how this alcoholic brain functions.
Sober date: October 4th, 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: West Coast, United States

Monday, February 21, 2005

Hangin' out...

Sunday evening I volunteered at the local Alano Club, working the bar. In case you don't know what an Alano Club is, it is a place for people to go, who do not use alcohol and or other drugs. There are social things to do, as well as just go hang out and have coffee with friends in recovery. The Club is supported by dues paying members. Today I went to the Club to hang out for a while. A fellow grabbed me and asked if I could talk to him for a while. Sure, cool. He was really full of frustration and resentment, about things beyond his control. By the end of our conversation, we had reached a near calm. Maybe his hidden desire to drink had left him. Another person was having a problem with an egomaniac that represents their AA group at the district level. It appears that this representative is not doing his job the way it should be done. Overall, the day made me think of control issues. There wasn't much I could do but listen to the problems, and offer a creative alternative or two. The alcoholic ego is something to behold indeed. I recalled the innocence of my youth...In the fifth grade. A friend bet me he could pee higher than I could. So after school, we waited till everyone was gone, and went out behind the school and dropped our drawers, and began splashing on the red bricks of the school. I was beaming with pride as I witnessed my great golden arch strike the wall at a great height, only to panic when I looked over to see my friend peeing higher than me! I stood on my tip-toes and arched my back and pushed as hard as I could!! But it was too late...The next day my feet hurt...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.